SERVICE & FEES
Definitive Interior Design provides luxury residential interior design solutions for private clients. The scope of design work includes:
- Space planning, optimised furniture layout and storage solutions
- Lighting Design
- Bespoke furniture design
- Curtain, blind and soft furnishings design
- Bespoke upholstery
- Sourcing of furniture, fixtures and equipment, fabrics, flooring, lighting,
wall coverings, accessories and artwork
- Full Project Management
Fees: Full turn-key design and project management, 12% of total project budget under £100k, 10% over. Minimum project budget £30k.
Additional services include: Architectural drawings, structural calculations, Planning Consent and Building Regulations applications, Building Control certification.
Starting with a free consultation at your property, we will assess the space and look at how you currently use your home to evaluate sufficient storage requirements and discuss your ideas in order to develop a concept that accurately reflects your personal taste and lifestyle. The meeting serves as a good opportunity to get to know a bit more about each other.
Fee & Payment Terms: £1,000 deposit upon appointment to commence full site survey and production of proposed furniture layout plans.
Stage 1 - Survey & Space Planning
Upon appointment, a full site survey is carried out in order to produce floor plans showing optimised furniture layouts, lighting plans and storage solutions. We will review the plans together and make any adjustments as required before moving forward.
Fee & Payment Terms: 50% of the Design & Development fees, less deposit due on day of review meeting.
Stage 2 - Design & Development
Upon approval of the furniture layout plans, we continue developing the design concept and preparing a presentation of furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) and collating samples of proposed flooring, wall coverings, fabrics for window treatments and soft furnishings, etc.
It also involves producing joinery drawings for bespoke furniture and storage solutions and design drawings for curtains, blinds, upholstery, etc. Subsequently, the final concept, proposed furnishings, fittings and samples will be presented together with an itemised budget for your assessment. Any adjustments will be made accordingly before sign-off.
Fee & Payment Terms: Balance of Design & Development fees due on day of presentation.
Stage 3 - Project Management
On approval of the plans, feel free to appoint your own preferred contractors and manage the project yourself simply order the suggested furnishings through Definitive Interior Design, or allow us to oversee the implementation of the project for you. The scope of work includes:
- Appointing relevant contractors,
- Preparing trade contracts
- Producing a detailed contractors schedule and timetable of works
- Production of detailed building, decorating and soft furnishing specifications
- Production of detailed design and construction drawings
- Submitting purchase orders
- Handling deliveries, managing quality control
- Returning and arranging replacement of damaged goods
- Attending regular sites visits to monitor progress of works
- Overseeing successful completion of works
- Monitoring budget constraints
- Producing a regular site report
- Arranging a final clean
- Styling property on completion
- Addressing snagging issues
Fee & Payment Terms: A 50% stage payment is required to facilitate the project management stage, followed by further stage payments of 20% and 10% balance upon completion. Definitive Interior Design strives to obtain the best prices for clients from it's suppliers, many of whom supply exclusively to the design industry. Pro-forma invoices are presented in stages to facilitate the ordering process.
- All work is guaranteed for 12 months following project completion
- All furnishings and fittings are guaranteed for 12 months
- VAT at the current rate applies to design and project management fees.