SERVICE & FEES
Definitive Interior Design provides luxury residential interior design solutions for private clients. The scope of design work includes:
- Space planning, optimised furniture layout and storage solutions
- Kitchen Design
- Bathroom Design
- Lighting Design
- Bespoke furniture design
- Curtain, blind and soft furnishings design
- Bespoke upholstery
- Sourcing of furniture, fixtures and equipment, fabrics, flooring, lighting,
wall coverings, accessories and artwork
- Full Project Management
Fees: Full turn-key design and project management, 12% of total project budget under £100k, 10% over. Minimum project budget £30k.
Additional services include: Architectural drawings, structural calculations, Planning Consent and Building Regulations applications, Building Control certification.
Starting with a free consultation at your property, we will assess the space and look at how you currently use your home to evaluate sufficient storage requirements and discuss your ideas in order to develop a concept that accurately reflects your personal taste and lifestyle. The meeting serves as a good opportunity to get to know a bit more about each other.
Fee & Payment Terms: £1,000 deposit due upon appointment
Stage 1 - Survey & Space Planning
Upon appointment, a full site survey is carried out in order to produce floor plans showing optimised furniture layouts, lighting plans and storage solutions. Two weeks after the survey we get together to review the proposed layout options and subsequently make any adjustments before moving forward with the design and development stage.
Fee & Payment Terms: 50% of the Design & Development fees (less the deposit) due on date of scheduled review meeting.
Stage 2 - Design & Development
Upon approval of the furniture layout plans, the design concept is developed as a detailed specification of furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) and presentation including samples of proposed flooring, wall coverings, fabrics for window treatments and soft furnishings, kitchen cabinet doors, work surfaces, tiles, etc.
Designs for bespoke furniture, storage solutions and curtains, blinds, upholstery, etc. are drawn up, then the final concept, proposed furnishings, fittings and samples are presented together with an itemised budget breakdown for your review. Any adjustments are made accordingly before sign-off.
Fee & Payment Terms: 50% balance of Design & Development fees due on date of scheduled client presentation meeting.
Stage 3 - Project Management
On approval of the proposed plans, Definitive Interior Design will oversee the implementation of the project for you. The scope of work includes:
- Appointing relevant contractors
- Preparing trade contracts
- Producing a detailed contractors schedule and timetable of works
- Production of detailed building, decorating and soft furnishing specifications
- Production of detailed design and construction drawings
- Submitting purchase orders
- Handling deliveries, managing quality control
- Returning and arranging replacement of damaged goods
- Attending regular sites visits to monitor progress of works
- Overseeing successful completion of works
- Monitoring budget constraints
- Producing a regular site report
- Arranging a final clean
- Styling property on completion
- Addressing snagging issues
Fee & Payment Terms: A 50% stage payment is required to facilitate the project management stage, followed by two further stage payments of 20% at agreed intervals and 10% balance upon completion of any snagging items.
Definitive Interior Design strives to obtain the best prices for clients from it's suppliers, many of whom supply exclusively to the design industry. Where applicable, trade discounts are shared with clients, all prices are detailed and approved before the project commences, however, supplier prices are subject to fluctuation and will be notified accordingly. Pro-forma invoices are presented in stages to facilitate the ordering process and should be retained for safe keeping. Supplier invoices are retained by Definitive Interior Design for accounting purposes. In the event of a fault developing, Definitive Interior Design will arrange repair or replacement.
- All work is guaranteed for 12 months following project completion
- All furnishings and fittings are covered by manufacturer's warranties
- VAT at the current rate applies to design and project management fees.